1420 N Street, NW, Suite T-5, Washington, DC, District of Columbia 20005
Contact Morris H. Deutsch 202-728-0820 Contact Morris H. Deutsch 202-728-0820

Reliable Immigration Law Team Located in Washington D.C.

Help for victims of crimes, physical violence, or mental/emotional abuse

On occasion, when a foreigner marries a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, an abusive situation may develop. The abuser might feel that he or she has control over the foreigner, who is not yet a permanent resident. The abuse can be physical, severely emotional or mental.  In such situations, we have assisted many to obtain permanent residence under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), also applicable to abused men.  Complete information about VAWA applications is on the CIS web site.

Sometimes a foreigner is the victim of a serious crime while in the U.S.  Many foreign victims of crimes or family abuse are afraid to report it to the police, thinking that they will be arrested or required to leave the United States.  To provide security to foreigners, even to those not in legal status, in reporting crimes to police, the U.S. government created the “U Visa.”  In such an application, the police, prosecutor or court must certify that the foreign victim is in fact a victim of a serious crime and has cooperated with law enforcement.  If the “U Visa” is approved, the person becomes eligible for permanent residence 3 years later.  Complete information about U Visa applications is on the CIS web site.

Consult with our law office in Washington, D.C. today

Contact one of our immigration attorneys at 202-728-0820 or through our online inquiry form, if you would like to explore a possible application for Asylum, U Visa, or VAWA.  Deutsch, Killea and Eapen, based in Washington, D.C., can help you with the process.


Contact Form

We will respond to your inquiry in a timely fashion. Thank you.

Quick Contact Form

  • Please enter your full name(first name and last name)