Expediting a Delayed Immigration Case With Help From a Skilled Law Firm
Sometimes an immigration case takes way too long, or seems to have disappeared into a “black hole.” We know how to address such problems by taking a range of steps, including, in progressively more aggressive order:
- Occasionally, we advise a client to do nothing, since the delay can actually be advantageous in certain situations.
- An attorney from our office can enter an appearance as attorney in the pending case, then either write or visit US CIS to inquire about it.
- We can contact the office of the client’s Senator or Congressional Representative, and ask them to make a “congressional inquiry” to US CIS.
- We can request the American Immigration Lawyers Association liaison to contact US CIS on our behalf, which frequently results in case action.
- If there is a very severe emergency which necessitates quicker resolution of an immigration case, we can contact US CIS and ask them to expedite it.
- Finally, in some instances, we recommend filing of a lawsuit with the federal Court, requesting the Court to order US CIS to issue its case decision – the Court will not order CIS to approve a case, but only to take action. This is a very effective way to force CIS to take action on a long-pending immigration application.
Contact our immigration law firm in Washington D.C. to learn more
Contact one of our attorneys to schedule an appointment to discuss expediting your case, at 888.231.7424 or through our online inquiry form.