1420 N Street, NW, Suite T-5, Washington, DC, District of Columbia 20005
Contact Morris H. Deutsch 202-728-0820 Contact Morris H. Deutsch 202-728-0820

Washington, D.C. Family Immigration Attorneys Provide Strong Support

Skilled lawyers help citizens and permanent residents become sponsors

A person who lives in the U.S. on a permanent basis, whether as a citizen or green card holder, has the privilege of being able to help certain family members immigrate lawfully. If you hope to sponsor an immediate relative or intended spouse for an immigrant visa, the experienced attorneys of Morris H. Deutsch, Immigration Attorney in Washington, D.C. can help. We provide reliable guidance through every step of the sponsorship and immigration process, including the application, interview and any issues that arise.

Thorough legal team prepares family-based immigration visa petitions

U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents and certain refugees are the only people eligible to sponsor family-based immigration petitions in the United States. A foreign national who obtains a family-based immigrant visa can receive work authorization and become a permanent resident.

There are two categories of family-based immigrant visas:

  • Immediate Relative — An Immediate Relative Visa may be granted to a spouse, parent or child of a U.S. citizen. Adoption Visas (IH-3, IH-4, IR-2, IR-3 and IR-4 visas) and Fiancé Visas (K-1 visa) are considered Immediate Relative Visas. A person who receives an Immediate Relative Visa will have a clear path to receiving a green card once they legally enter the United States. The U.S. does not place a limit on the number of Immediate Relative Visas that can be issued each year.
  • Family Preference — U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents may sponsor Family Preference Visas. A limited number of these visas are issued each year, and different levels of preference are given to family members who fall under different categories. Unmarried adult children of U.S. citizens are given highest preference, followed by spouses and unmarried children of permanent residents, followed by married children of U.S. citizens and then siblings of adult U.S. citizens.

If your loved one does not qualify for a family-based visa, our attorneys can advise you on potential options that may allow him or her to enter the country through another type of authorization. Our attorneys are knowledgeable on U.S. visa law and capably handle all sorts of petitions.

Strategic D.C. lawyers work to overcome family immigration challenges

We understand how important it is for our clients to be reunited with their family members in the United States. We also understand how frustrating family-based immigration cases can become when there are unnecessary delays in the process. Our firm’s legal services are designed to achieve our clients’ objectives within the shortest possible time frame. When we communicate on your behalf with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) during an initial filing or appeal, we are clear and effective.

Our strategy may involve pursuing alternative types of visas if there is a substantial waiting time for your petition. This might occur with if someone seeking a Family Preference Visa is low on the preference list. You may have a better chance of bringing your family member to the United States if he or she seeks a business immigration visa, asylum protection or another legal status. Even when you are up against substantial obstacles, we strive to find ways to bring your family together.

Contact a reputable Washington, D.C. family immigration law firm for a consultation 

The family immigration attorneys of Morris H. Deutsch, Immigration Attorney in Washington, D.C. have helped clients to navigate the U.S. immigration system since 1986. Our caring and knowledgeable attorneys are prepared to work hard to accomplish your goals. To schedule a consultation with a member of our legal team, call 202-728-0820 or contact us online.


Contact Form

We will respond to your inquiry in a timely fashion. Thank you.

Quick Contact Form

  • Please enter your full name(first name and last name)