1420 N Street, NW, Suite T-5, Washington, DC, District of Columbia 20005
Contact Morris H. Deutsch 202-728-0820 Contact Morris H. Deutsch 202-728-0820

Washington, D.C. Consular Services Attorney Helps Foreign Nationals Take First Steps to U.S. Residency

Experienced immigration advocate assists with visa applications filed in other countries

If you aren’t an American citizen, but want to come to the United States, either as an immigrant or visitor, you will probably need to apply for entry from your home country. The U.S. State Department provides consular services around the world that include the processing of visa and green card applications. If you seek admission into the United States, Morris H. Deutsch, Immigration Attorney and Advisor in Washington, D.C. is ready to facilitate your application and shepherd you through this difficult process.

Diligent attorney advises and represents potential immigrants seeking consular services

Consulates are offices of the U.S. Department of State located in foreign nations. These offices may be located in other cities than the foreign nation’s capital and provide a number of services for U.S. citizens living abroad, as well as foreign nationals who wish to visit or immigrate to the United States. A consulate may process applications for the following:

  • Student visas
  • Financial sponsorship
  • Marriage and family-related visas
  • Tourist visas
  • Visa waivers

Regardless of the specific authorization you are seeking, the review process can take a long time, especially you try to go it alone. There are numerous potential reasons for denials, including:

  • Necessary information has not been provided
  • Application is for the wrong type of visa
  • Required payment not provided
  • Suspected misrepresentation in application
  • Ineligibility due to criminal record or other reason

To avoid unnecessary problems, our firm offers sound advice and assistance with required paperwork.  We will help you deal with the State Department bureaucracy in pursuit of your visa, green card or visa waiver.

Assistance following denials issued by U.S. consulates

If the consulate denies your request for a visa, green card or visa waiver, we can help. You do not have the right to appeal, but you may ask for the reason you were denied. When the problem is correctable, we will help you address the issue and refile your application. You might have the right to appeal the denial of a green card in limited circumstances by filing your appeal with the Administrative Appeals Office of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS), although you must file quickly. If you have a right to appeal, Mr. Deutsch will pursue the case on your behalf. If you do not, he will do everything reasonably possible to ensure the refiling of your application is successful.

Contact a knowledgeable Washington, D.C. lawyer for advice on consular services

Morris H. Deutsch, Immigration Attorney and Advisor helps foreign nationals with the consular services they need to enter the United States legally. Please call our Washington, D.C. office at 202-728-0820 or contact online to discuss your specific matter.


Contact Form

We will respond to your inquiry in a timely fashion. Thank you.

Quick Contact Form