Expediting a Delayed Immigration Case With Help From a Skilled Law Firm
Sometimes an immigration case takes way too long, or seems to have disappeared into a “black hole.” We know how to address such problems by taking a range of steps, including, in progressively more aggressive order:
- Occasionally, we advise a client to do nothing, since the delay can actually be advantageous in certain situations.
- An attorney from our office can enter an appearance as attorney in the pending case. Then we can inquire about the case by writing to or visiting US CIS.
- We can contact the office of the client’s Senator or Congressional Representative, and ask them to make a “congressional inquiry” to US CIS.
- We can request the American Immigration Lawyers Association liaison to contact US CIS on our behalf, which frequently results in case action.
- If there is a very severe emergency which necessitates quicker resolution of an immigration case, we can contact US CIS and ask them to expedite.
- Finally, in some instances, we recommend filing of a lawsuit with the federal Court, requesting the Court to order US CIS to issue its case decision – the Court will not order CIS to approve a case, but only to take action. This is a very effective way to force CIS to take action on a long-pending immigration application.
Contact our immigration law firm in Washington D.C. to learn more
Contact one of our attorneys to schedule an appointment to discuss expediting your case, at 202-728-0820 or through our online inquiry form.